Saturday, January 8, 2011

No-whine-zone

So I enjoy being on Facebook and Twitter as much as the next person, but I am really, REALLY done with all the negative comments, status updates, etc. So, I'm ready to institute a new rule...the "no whiney-whiney" rule.

Basically, if a person has only negative, pessimistic, whiney tweets/status updates, then I am instituting the "no whiney-whiney" rule and they will either be unfollowed on Twitter or hidden on Facebook (or deleted if it gets REALLY bad). Of course there is some grace involved and if I can tell it is just a bad day or tongue in cheek, no rule action will be taken. On the other hand, the constant "ugh" and "sigh" and "woe-is-me-my-life-is-terrible" has to STOP!!!

There is so much negativity in the world already and if someone's life is perpetually THAT bad, well then DO something about it!! Don't just post (constantly) about all the bad and never even look for something good to come out of it. Also, I'm not talking about personal tragedy. This is more the stupid stuff...the post's like "ugh...my kid just drew on the wall AGAIN!" My thought? Then maybe you shouldn't have tweeted 15 times in the last 15 minutes...

Ok, enough of the rant, just wanted to make others aware that it is ok to announce that the "no whiney-whiney" rule in now in effect.

And yes, I completely get the irony of my whining here in this post. :)

4 comments:

JD said...

A.M.E.N.!!!!!!!!

Kara said...

Preach it sister!

Samantha said...

holler!!!! that's my girl!!! this is your version of whine-ing to get the whine-free environment you want. 100% agree and surprised you didnt do it sooner.

aunt judy said...

Just finished reading James 3:9 which says: "With it (the tongue) we bless he Lord and with it we curse people made in God's image." Great posts!